Friday, September 19, 2008

Last night was the open house at the school. The way the school does it is you go to the child's homeroom and then follow their schedule and meet with each teacher. Approximately 10 minutes in each classroom, then the bell rings and you go on to the next class, etc. The only problem was that Tim was on a trip...and I have TWO children. It was rather humerous. I was running from class to class - late to each one, then dashing off to another one. Crazy! I managed to meet with most of the teachers and found out that - surprise, surprise - Paige is wonderful, such a good student, overachiever, blah, blah, blah. Clay, well apparantly he felt that he needed more of an "identity" at the school...so he has decided to be the class clown this year. He has even been bringing his own "props" - bouncy balls, a harmonica, etc. Needless to say, our A/B student's grades have taken a bit of a nosedive....but the important thing is that everyone likes him and thinks he is very funny. (sarcasm!) Those of you who know Tim know where he is getting it! Clay is now (obviously) VERY grounded!! Keep your fingers crossed that he gets his act together (and not the comedy act he has been working on) and gets his grades back up before the end of the quarter.

Anyway, I came home last night...it was late and I was extremely cranky (still a bit of the PMS thing going on)....and my sweet little girl had turned down my bed and put a book on the bedside table for me to read and written a sweet little note which she put on my pillow basically saying she hoped I had a good night's sleep and she loved me. Aaawwww.....I wish I could say that my bad mood disappeared just like that....but it DID make me feel much better!

I am really enjoying this blog...I don't know if anyone is reading it, but it is a bit cathartic for me...a bit like a diary - only not as private! :) It certainly makes me appreciate my sweet little family (class clown and all!).

 
Blog Design by April Showers