Thursday, September 18, 2008

pathetic.....

I have spent the day battling a migraine. Yuck...finally, it seems to have disappeared for now. As I pondered what to write about today, it occurred to me that my life is really all about the kids - staying on top of school, nagging them about their rooms and chores, taking them to all the after school activities (for Paige, this is 4 days per week of ballet classes downtown PLUS weekend rehearsals) not to mention grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. It is exhausting - and pathetic! A few months ago I was taking a stained glass class, and I LOVED it! I quit when the kids got out of school for the summer and just haven't started back up again for various reasons, but after my epiphany of how boring and one dimensional my life is....I believe I'll start up again. I think I NEED to!

I do love my children, but I think somehow I have become too wrapped up in them and their lives and consequently have sort of lost my own identity. I used to have a large circle of close friends, but we have all drifted apart as our children got older and developed different interests...and now I have a very few close friends - and it seems that most of them live far away.

Anyway, this seems like it is developing into a rather depressing post. Sorry. It should be upbeat, because I am going to start taking better care of myself - starting with my SG class! I am putting up a couple of pictures of the two pieces I made....let me know what you think....and wish me luck in letting go of a bit of the "mom" and becoming a bit more "Lisa"!!
 
Blog Design by April Showers