Wednesday, August 5, 2009

LOTS of photos....

A fountain we saw....I just liked the look of it!
Notre Dame....plus a few hundred people hoping to get in! Thankfully, we have both already been, so we just took a few photos...
The flying buttresses....
So pretty.....
...I finally got Tim to pose for me! After snapping a few photos, we headed to Ile St. Louis and a fabulous lunch....
This is the Place de Hotel De Ville....look to the upper left of the gates...do you see the four holes in the concrete? Tim explained to me that this was where the Germans drove a couple of panzers (tanks) into the square and fired heavy caliber machine guns into the entryway....and the French surrendered (WW II) Paris. Interesting, Oui?
This was some church we saw as we were walking along. No idea which one, but pretty, non?
I forget what monument to which dead dude this was.
Musee de Louvre....
Another monument to another dead dude near the Louvre....
La Seine......At about this point I had blisters on my feet from walking about a million miles in totally the WRONG sandals! Ugh. The RER (train) was al messed up - some stations were closed, etc....so we had to take a bus, which took us someplace we did not want to go....I was DYING (well, at least my poor feet were!) when my gallant husband spotted a taxi at a stop light and hopped in (I quickly followed)....
It turns out that we found the coolest taxi driver in Paris! He was rocking out to The Who, and explained to us that he loved the U.S....he used to live on the west coast in the early 70's...in further detail he explained that he was a hippie and lived in a commune....Rock on!!

 
Blog Design by April Showers