Friday, August 28, 2009

TGIF!!

I was up at the crack of dawn - again - this morning to take Clay to school...when I got home, (after first replenishing my coffee mug) I saw the sun peeking out from behind the clouds and illuminating them. It was beautiful, so I ran to get my camera and out to the dock...at which point the sun was disappearing already. Don't you hate it when that happens? There is a 70% chance of rain today, so I think that may be the only glimpse of sun we see! While I was out on the dock waiting for the sun to reappear so I could snap the perfect photo....I saw this guy...
Now, we see lots of manatees around here - but it is not often that they almost beach themselves! I think this guy must have been pretty hungry!! I also saw an alligator, but my battery was almost dead and the camera wouldn't focus - so no photos of "Bob"....which is what my son calls all the gators and stingrays we see in the lake. As in, "I caught Bob again today"....or, "there goes Bob". Why does he call them Bob? No clue!! Anyway, I HATE having to get up so early in the mornings, but it is kinda cool to see the lake waking up. I may have to make a habit of taking my coffee out there every morning and enjoying it!

Last night was the open house at the high school. It was very interesting, and I think Clay will do well. I like all his teachers and I am feeling optimistic about his first year of high school!! Paige's open house in Monday night - I'll let you know how that goes.

Tim and I have decided to list our house again - with another realtor this time. I really hope it sells!
 
Blog Design by April Showers