Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Update:

This weekend (in no particular order), we...

Had family movie night and watched the new Karate Kid movie.

The boy and the dog cuddled during the movie...
We also had an extra pet this weekend...Lily Schaefer hung out with us while her family was at Disney World...

Jack played hide-n-seek with the Sunday paper...

(Has anyone seen Jack?  Where could he be?)

...and then he and Gus snuggled.

Someone who lives in this house may have been overheard saying

"Hey, Get a room, you two!"


The boy spent a couple of hours on the dock

with a fishing pole and a cast net...



I took some photos...






This is what the boy had to do to earn his fishing time...

 I'm not above using bribery to get things done around here.
Speaking of bribery - double the dogs = double the stinkiness.  Which means that both dogs also received baths this weekend via my "bribery gets things done" method.  Twice.


My college roommate sent me these cool pictures from Colorado...

Which really makes me miss living there...

And catching up with Sherri really made me miss her too!!

I also spent some time going through old photos on the memory card and found this one from last year in Provins, France.  Which really makes me miss France.

Also this weekend, I started reading this book
which is very good.  I would have begun reading it a long time ago, but somebody (who shall remain nameless, but his initials are TVK and I sometimes refer to him on this blog as Mr. Wonderful) kept nagging me to read it. He doesn't call it nagging, of course - he says he is merely making a suggestion.  8,432 times.  So I didn't read it.  Finally, when he stopped nagging me, I began reading it.  

Positive reinforcement, people.


And finally, when searching for images for my last post on Friday evening I came across this image...which just amuses me in so many ways.







 
Blog Design by April Showers