Thursday, February 3, 2011

Catch up day...

Whew! It has been a busy week - with the kids and I being sick, my mom breaking her kneecap and then coming to stay with us while she recuperates, doctor appointments, school, homework, and all of the kid's activities. I have been running around trying to organize the house and make things a little more "gimp friendly" for my poor mother. We have rearranged all the furniture (truthfully, I rather enjoyed that part) and moved rooms around. I have cooked, and made milkshakes (because my mom says that milkshakes are the only thing that really make her knee feel better).




Today has been rainy and gloomy, and so I have dedicated today to recharging my batteries - figuratively, at least! The Princess has been at Ballet most of the day, and I have been puttering around the house - drinking hot tea, doing laundry, making phone calls and scheduling appointments. I feel much more rested and much less stressed! I am very grateful for a wonderful friend who took pity on me and brought some delicious and comforting soup to feed my family.


My mom was feeling better a couple of days ago, but I think she tried to do too much too soon, and she is in a bit of pain today. Her poor knee is quite swollen today...
 Hence, she has been taking her pain medicine again and feeling sleepy.  And, apparently, silly.


I'm afraid that The Boy may be still be feeling under the weather a bit - he's been complaining about a headache and feeling achy again.
Although he did feel well enough to try to sneak some granola as soon as it came out of the oven!

When Mr. Wonderful got home, he was (ahem) not very pleased to see that Lucy had jumped onto the screen door and ripped the screen. He grumbled. But then, he got out his faithful, manly companion - duct tape - and he "repaired" it.
 Well, you know, for now.
In the meantime, Lucy has wisely been on her best behavior.


It's supposed to be gray, wet and gloomy again tomorrow too, so I plan on having another "at home" day to organize closets and drawers and clean and putter around the house. 

I want to thank all of you who have sent get well wishes, and especially those who have sent cards and brought dinner. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated! If I have been remiss in sending a thank you note, please be patient with me - I promise I will. I just want you to know how much we appreciate anything and everything you do. My pet peeve is people with an air of entitlement, who never seem to appreciate anything and always want more. I hope never to be like that, and so I sincerely and humbly thank you all for your generosity and kindness as our family tries to help my mom, literally, get back on her feet!



 
Blog Design by April Showers