Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?



Last week The Boy started training for Taekwondo. While sparring with another competitor, he was kicked in the ear. It wasn't a bad kick - he was just tagged a little bit - but apparently he had a cyst in that ear, which burst when he was kicked. 


His ear was very painful and looked like a big purple grape. Mr. Wonderful took him to see Dr. L, our ENT, who should probably be on permanent retainer with our family! He's done surgery on Mr. W's burst eardrums twice. Yes, twice. Once in each ear. Don't ask. He performed The Princess's tonsillectomy. And The Boy gets swimmer's ear. A lot. I am the only one in the family who has never been a patient of Dr. L, which is kind of ironic because I had chronic ear infections as a child...but, I digress. Again. The point is that he went to see Dr. L who said that we should watch his ear over the weekend and if the swelling didn't go down we needed to bring him back in.


The swelling didn't go down.


Apparently, by the time he went back to Dr. L yesterday, his ear/cyst/grape thingy was very infected. So Dr. L drained it. 

My poor boy's ear REALLY hurts now. And he was embarrassed to go to school with a bandaid on his ear. 

I hate it when my kids are hurting.

In other news, we have been busy little bees spring cleaning, and rearranging, and fun stuff like that. Mr. Wonderful finished the repairs to the creek-side bulkhead and is now busy spreading mulch. I have been making piles all over the house - to keep, to toss, to give to charity. I am in full-blown purge mode. In cleaning out a closet yesterday, I discovered old magazines from 2006! 2006! Seriously! I know, I know - we're gross. In my defense though, I must say that while the magazines were extremely old, they were wonderfully organized in little magazine files in the closet. Apparently I got all organized way back in 2006 too. 

I try. I do. It just never seems to last around here!







 
Blog Design by April Showers