Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring is in the air and the moon is made of cheese. Really.



I know...I've been missing in action the past few days. I don't even have a very good excuse. I can't say I've been busy learning to skydive, or that I've been writing a novel, or learning to make creamy ganache. I can't claim that I've been learning a new language or learning to play the harp or taking ballroom dancing lessons. I also have not been reporting on the events in Egypt or working on world peace. 


Instead, I have been cleaning my house...and cooking.


I'm sorry. My life is just boring. What can I say?


OH, but one exciting thing has happened around here. It got warm. It is spring. Well, anyway, it FEELS like spring! And I searched and searched and I found proof that spring really is right around the corner...
 The redbud tree is blooming...
The dogwood has buds on it...

And so do the Azaleas...

The Loropetalum is blooming too.


In addition to the aforementioned ridiculously boring cooking and cleaning and searching for signs of spring, we had a quickie visit with a cousin visiting from out of town.
The grandmother was happy...

The Boy and The Princess were happy.

The Cousin seemed to be happy too!

They told lots (and lots and lots) of jokes.

(Hey mom...did I tell you about camping?

It's IN TENTS (INTENSE)!! Bwahahahahaha)

The Princess and The Cousin tried...

to explain The Grandmother's new iphone to her.

They tried.



But then they gave up and played Monotony. Err...I mean Monopoly.

Whoops.

Freudian slip.

And in even more thrillingly scintillating news, about a year ago part of the ancient cement bag bulkhead along the side of our little creek fell away...

Hence, everytime a big rainstorm came along a bit of the bank would wash away...this pics are of what's left of the original bulkhead.

So today Mr. Wonderful and The Boy worked up a sweat building a new one...

The Boy would bring over the 60 pound bags...

And then Mr. Wonderful would put them in place and pound the rebar in with a sledgehammer...

And then I would take a picture.

I love to help my menfolk.

And I am sure they appreciate my efforts too.

We've also been seeing an Osprey hanging around...

And also, just for the record, I can't begin to tell you how angry I am at myself for clipping the tips of his wings off in that photo above. 


And finally, the coup de grace of the past few astounding, amazing, electrifying days...without any further ado, I give you...
THE MOON!

But not just any moon.

Oh no.

THIS moon is special. It is amazing.
You see, it is made out of cheese.

Really.

See?








 
Blog Design by April Showers