Friday, June 17, 2011

Flashback Friday: Carrying on those loving, fatherly traditions...


Last Friday The Boy's girlfriend came over. Mr Wonderful embarrassed The Boy by asking her, "So...what do you see in The Boy anyway?"

The next evening The Boy was rehashing his embarrassment and asked  his father, "Why do you always try to embarrass me?"

Mr. Wonderful explained to him that he was simply carrying on a fatherly tradition of love and that someday The Boy would do the same thing to his son as well.

Mr. Wonderful then proceeded to share this story, which I had completely forgotten about. After Mr. Wonderful and I had been dating about a year and a half or so, he took me home to meet his parents. 

Mr. Wonderful, Sr. (affectionately referred to as "The Geezer" by his loving son) could be mischievous and sarcastic. It was  immediately obvious where Mr. Wonderful had gotten some of his, err...colorful personality traits.

At one point, Senior/aka The Geezer asked me, "So...what do you see in this guy, anyway? He can be kind of an a**hole, you know."

According to Mr. Wonderful, I smiled sweetly at him, raised my eyebrows and retorted, "Oh yes, I know. Where do you think he gets it from?"

The Geezer chuckled, "Heh Heh Heh Heh."

It was then that Mr. Wonderful (The Geezer, Jr.) knew that I was a keeper. Heh Heh Heh.



The Geezer on the left. I have no idea why there is a line running through the middle of this photo, nor why my mother in law was wearing sunglasses indoors. My shoulders appear larger than both men's because IT WAS THE 80's! Shoulder pads. Oh yeah.
 
Blog Design by April Showers