Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday thoughts...all the news that's fit to print, plus more that probably isn't





* The Boy is at camp all week.
The house is quiet. It is staying relatively clean. The gallon of milk has lasted more than a day. 

It's weird! It's almost TOO quiet.

I miss him.

* The Princess wasted no time in reveling in the opportunity to be an only child for a week. She had a friend over within an hour of The Boy leaving...

* Because it has been so hot and humid and steamy and muggy, they spent the majority of the time in the pool.
They talked...and giggled...

And they raced with tubes...

And without tubes...
They jumped and splashed...


And they talked some more...

And just hung out in the pool until their little fingers and toes were wrinkled like raisins.

* I've awakened early almost every morning and tiptoed out onto the dock hoping to see the otters that The Boy saw the other morning. I wanted to get better pictures of them. And I wanted to see them myself!
I've seen lovely sunrises...

And I've seen the same snapping turtle (at least, I THINK it's the same one) every morning...

I've seen egrets and herons and mullet jumping...

I've even seen an idiot boater speeding through the manatee zone (see the buoy in the background?) which irks me to no end, especially since we see manatees all the time with scars on their backs, including an adorable baby manatee last week which already was scarred.

Jerks. Hmph!

But do you know what I haven't seen? Or heard? At all?

The otters.

*Lucy has also been enjoying the pool...
When she is outside by the pool, she forgets that she is a dignified, mature old lady of 8 years old!

She leaps energetically into the pool like a puppy and retrieves her ball and paddles around and around and around.

She watches the lizards as they climb on the screens, waiting for her chance to pounce...

And then she comes to sit beside my chair and gaze at me adoringly.

Silly old girl.

* I made hummus yesterday. It's delicious. It's much too hot to cook anything, so hummus is the perfect thing to eat! So is salad. We've been eating a lot of salad and hummus and Naan bread and cucumbers and tomatoes...and watermelon!

* I think that air conditioning must be the greatest invention ever.









 
Blog Design by April Showers