Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Day of School!!! IT'S SUMMER, YA'LL!!

I've been feeling positively giddy all week long but today's giddiness is off the charts. This is because TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!! Honestly, I think it's possible that I am more excited about the prospect of sleeping late and relaxing than the kids are. The Boy has had exams this week and early dismissal at 11:45 each day and since The Princess is ALL FINISHED WITH BALLET FOR THE YEAR, this means that our afternoons have been mellow and calm.


It has been wonderful. I could get used to this.


Anyway, this morning as I was getting ready to leave the house to drive The Boy to school, I glanced out of the window and saw this...




I grabbed my coffee and my camera and watched the sunrise from the dock. I waved at the people canoeing (bottom pic) and I grinned from ear to ear because TODAY IS THE LAST DAY that I have to wake up early and rush and nag my son to hurry, hurry, hurry.

As I was contemplating this happy thought, I realized that we were now running late and then we had to rush and scurry to make it to school on time. But...who cares? Today is THE LAST DAY!!

The Boy is planning on a summer of this...




The Princess is planning on a summer filled with this...



They're also both going to camp and The Princess will be doing rhythmic gymnastics and an Algebra course while The Boy will be doing some virtual school (P.E.) (I know!) 

We have weeks and weeks of sleeping late and lounging by the pool and reading and going to the beach and fishing ahead of us!

Weeks and weeks and weeks of freedom!

No schedules. No stress. No hassles. No Ballet. No school!

Ahh...I am giddy with happiness!

(By the way, I am trying a new commenting system which will hopefully be easier for you to use. Let me know what you think of it!)









 
Blog Design by April Showers