Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The one where Clifford is a no-show

First, for those of you who read my post yesterday in which I vented about the really obnoxious driver in the red truck who almost hit us, I want to let you know that nothing happened this morning.


Absolutely nothing.


The police, in spite of my having requested for them to patrol this road between 6:40 and 6:55, were not there. Nor did we see Clifford (Big red truck? Get it?). We were running a few minutes later than usual though, because The Boy forgot something and had to run back inside at the last minute. So anyway...no police and no Clifford today.


This is good news because we had a nice, mellow drive to school this morning. However, it's bad news because I was so sure that I was going to be posting today about either (a) another close call with Clifford the maniacal river, accompanied by photos or (b) Clifford the irate driver being pulled over and getting a ticket, accompanied by photos. Because neither of these scenarios occurred, I have nothing to write about.


Instead of my paparazzi style photographs of Clifford I will tell you that it is very smoky here this morning. Apparently there is a forest fire south of St. Augustine and the smoke must be drifting to the north. Blech.


I will also bore you tell you that I need a book to read. Any suggestions? I'm currently reading this book...

I'm enjoying it, but I'm almost finished with it.

I also just read this one.




It was OK. I mean, it was good...but I didn't LOVE it. I did love the fact that Steve Martin wrote it. I love Steve Martin.

And I also just finished the Hunger Games trilogy.




Which I DID totally love.

Have you read them? Did you know they are making a movie? I just read that Donald Sutherland is playing President Snow and Woody Harrelson is Haymitch. Which, if you haven't read the books, will mean absolutely nothing to you. But if you haven't read them, you should...you really should.

So, anyway, my point is that I need something to read. Any suggestions?

Finally, I'll end this post with more trivia. In spite of the fact that we have one (large and hairy) dog, two (very hairy) cats and a bird currently living in our home, the kids have been bugging me about getting a rabbit. I have been successful about putting them off thus far but they are getting more and more vocal about it. I'm actually considering it. I know - I'm insane.  Anyway, they want either an Angora or a Lionhead. And, so, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with rabbits. I'd love some advice. 



For example, if you were to tell me that in spite of being adorable and cuddly looking, they are smelly, disgusting and mean and a lot of work? That would be a good thing. Very good.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?








 
Blog Design by April Showers