Friday, June 24, 2011

The Week in Review: A motley assortment of this and that

* It was a smoky, hot, muggy week here in north Florida. There are wildfires all over the place and the smoke has been just terrible. Thankfully, we've gotten a bit of rain the past couple of days which has helped to clear out some of the smoke.






* I bought one of these for myself because my old one has disappeared. (Sadly, this type of thing happens often when one has children.) The Princess and I are planning to start going for bike rides in the morning before it gets too hot.
* The Princess, Mr. Wonderful and I went to see a movie the other day. This was a big treat since we usually just rent movies or watch them via pay-per-view. We saw Super 8 and we all loved it! I won't say anything about the movie in case you haven't seen yet, except...
"Production Value!" (This will only make sense if you see the movie.) If you go see it, be sure to stay through the credits at the end.

* We saw the previews for a lot of movies which looked good, but this one looks hilarious. Actually, there was one little joke about drag racing a Prius which I have been giggling about for days. Possibly because I drive a small little hybrid myself.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this one!

* I also just bought some cheesecloth because I am going to try to make this perfect iced coffee courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. Doesn't that sound just perfect for a hot summer day?
(http://thepioneerwoman.com/)

* I have been reading the Artemis Fowl series. The Princess recommended them and I am really enjoying them. I love reading some of the new children's books...I feel as though I missed out since they weren't around when I was a bookworm young girl!

* When I was a flight attendant, many years ago, I often had layovers in Minot, ND. There wasn't much there but it was beautiful country and the people were some of the nicest I have ever met. My heart goes out to that lovely community as they deal with the flooding.

* My heart does NOT go out to the pilot who accidently left his microphone on and spewed his hate and profanity laced  invective out for the world to hear. Shame on you, scumbag!

* And finally...have you seen the news stories about Kim Kardashian? Apparently, she x-rayed her nether regions to prove that her butt is real.
Seriously? Why is this "news?" I certainly don't care. Do YOU care?











 
Blog Design by April Showers