Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Looking ahead: Denial is not just a river in Egypt

* In 2 days, The Boy will be home. 


* In 5 days, The Boy AND The Princess will leave for camp.


* In 5 days I will have the house to myself (not counting the various and sundry pets). All to myself. It will be quiet. It will stay clean. What in the world will I do with myself?!!


* In 2 weeks our guest (exchange student) from Spain will arrive to spend 2 1/2 weeks with us. The Princess is quite excited! I am looking for free or nearly free ideas to entertain her. If you're a local and have ideas, let me know! We're planning on spending time boating and swimming, beach days, and a day visiting St. Augustine. Our nation's oldest city is not very old by European standards, but it IS fun and it IS Spanish, so.... We're also thinking about tubing down the Itchetucknee River one day.

* In 13 days it will be The Boy's 17th birthday. I cannot believe that  my baby boy will be 17. I am in denial. It's just not possible. Nope.

* In 49 days The Boy will be starting back at school. In 55 days The Princess will be back at school. My BABY will be in high school! But I don't want to think about that. I am in denial about that as well. I am going to stick my head in the sand and ignore the fact that there is still summer reading and projects to complete. I will also ignore the fact that our lovely, wonderful, summer vacation will be ending and we will be back to hurrying and scurrying and following schedules. 

* In 53 days I will turn 29. Again. Bah Humbug. Wait...that would mean that I was 12 when I had The Boy, wouldn't it? That's kind of gross. Hmm...Let's say that I will be turning 33. That's OK. Right? Right? 

* Please excuse me now while I bury my head in the sand and attempt to ignore the fact that my baby boy will be turning 17 in a few days and that my baby girl will be starting high school soon and that I am old enough to have a 17 year old and 2 high school aged children....



 
Blog Design by April Showers