Thursday, June 16, 2011

The one where I feel my sanity slip-sliding away...

I woke up this morning at 4:oo because there was a huge thunderstorm. There were big claps of thunder every few minutes and I could hear the wind blowing and branches hitting the side of the house. I finally drifted back off to sleep when the storm passed but then I overslept...which resulted in me rushing around and forgetting to post anything on here until now.


I had a quick cup of coffee and a shower and then I was off. I got my hair cut today and it is really cute (I think). I like it. I tried to take a picture of it for the blog, but I reminded myself too much of the teenage girls who snap photos of themselves and post them on facebook. If you have a teenager, then you know what I'm talking about. Actually, some of the boys do it too. And now that I think about it, I've seen some adults taking pictures of themselves and posting them too. What's up with that, anyway? Maybe it's just me but I think it seems very self-absorbed...like, "look at ME!" The photos are either very staged and fakey looking or just really awkward.


It's probably just me. But posed self portraits bug the crap out of me. They just do. I'm sorry. I want to say, "Get over yourself, conceited!"


Anyway, I digress. I really just meant to say that I thought about taking a picture of my new "do", but ultimately decided not to. For the above stated reasons.


After getting my haircut, I went to Costco. Mr. Wonderful and I were just there yesterday but I somehow forgot to get a bunch of things on my list. If you want to have a really, really fun time, go to Costco after payday. When the kids are all out of school. Good grief - it was crazy! Old people in their little electric carts, whining kids running amok, harried parents grabbing humongous boxes of Cheerios and looking wistfully over at the cases of beer. I never ate lunch and so I kept trying to get to one of the little freebie areas to grab a bite...which was a lesson in futility. As soon as something would come out of one of those little ovens, the hoards of old people, hungry kids and harried parents would descend on the poor Costco person like locusts. It was absolute mayhem. 




After unloading the food, which should be enough to feed an army for a week but will probably only keep my bottomless pit of a teenage boy happy for a couple of days, I ran to Walmart for paper towels and laundry detergent and other fun stuff like that. Have you ever been to Walmart? It doesn't matter what day of the week you go or what time of the day - that place is just plain crazy all the time. It was a bit like my earlier experience at Costco after payday, except more...Walmart-y. Which, again, if you've ever been to a Walmart then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I could feel my sanity slip-sliding away...



And finally, after all of that fun and excitement, I went to buy myself a new ladies undergarment. 

Bah.

I am now home and I never want to leave the (relatively) calm sanctuary of my house again. I want a glass of wine and a bubble bath. I need to decompress. 

On the bright side, though, the rain cleared the smoke out. And also...my hair looks really, really cute.







 
Blog Design by April Showers