Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh, Sherri....(Happy Birthday!)

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a  kid in high school...

I met a girl in my French class with Madame Howell.
We became good friends.


Sherri was two years younger but we had a lot of fun together. We kept in touch even after high school.

Here we are, clearly working hard on French!

In college, we were roommates at the lovely Prince Manor Apartments. We ate a lot of peanut butter and macaroni and cheese. We survived school and jobs and boyfriends. We made it through fights and hurt feelings. We did Jane Fonda workout tapes together and danced to The Cars and Madonna. We watched Dynasty and went to keg parties and wore shoulder pads and Aromatics Elixer.



We consoled each other through break ups (boys) and break downs (cars). Sherri was daring and adventurous and I was prudent and boring. 

We have kept in touch all these years. She has been my friend and my support through good times and bad. Somehow, in spite of our differences, we've remained friends.

Fifteen years ago, I went to the hospital to be induced. The Princess was supposed to be born on September 26th, her Godmother's birthday. Unfortunately, The Princess decided to be obstinate and waited 46 minutes past midnight to make her appearance.


Happy Birthday, Sherri! I love ya!



We used to dance around to this before going out. It was kind of a tradition with us!








 
Blog Design by April Showers