Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Smoke gets in my eyes...and nose, and throat....

The kids were both sick over the weekend but since they seemed much better yesterday and didn't have fevers, they went to school. The Princess seemed a bit lethargic when I picked her up from school, but that's really not all THAT unusual since we have to get up so early.


Last night was her Open House at her school. About halfway through the evening she started shivering and put a sweatshirt on - it was 90 degrees outside. Her cheeks appeared really flushed. I felt her forehead...uh oh. She felt really warm. By the time we got home and I was able to take her temperature, it was almost 104.  She was still complaining about her throat. When we arrived home The Boy informed me that he was also feeling bad again and that his throat was killing him.


I made an executive decision this morning and kept them both home from school, even though they were once again running normal temperatures. I'm taking them in for a strep test in a couple of hours.


Better safe than sorry...


In the meantime, I am taking Airborne and Vitamin C and spraying Lysol everywhere and running the dishwasher on the highest heat setting. Because I CANNOT afford to get sick. Nope. It can't happen. I am completely ignoring the tickle in my throat and the runny nose. If I ignore it, it will go away - right?


Actually, seriously, it's really smoky here today and I think that might be why I have the tickle and congestion. In fact, I'm sure that's it.
Smoke from the fires in the Okefenokee Swamp...

Still...it can't hurt to take some Echinacea, can it?

After getting the strep test done on the kids, I am going to make homemade chicken noodle soup. 

Here are a few pictures of The Princess and a friend last night at the Open House....before the creeping crud struck her down once again!

Being silly!



Update: The strep test was negative. It's just a virus and has to run it's course....


 
Blog Design by April Showers