Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Don't make me go all mama bear on your a**!!

Dear Rude, Inconsiderate Jerk,

I see you every morning when I take my son to school. You appear in the same spot, at the same time and you have provided ample opportunities for me to lecture my novice driver on why he needs to drive defensively at all times. You've also provided many examples as to what NOT to do.

We've seen you speeding (55+ mph in a 45 mph zone) and weaving in and out of traffic erratically, with no thought to the other vehicles on the road. We see you whiz through the school zone at the high school without ever slowing down every single morning.

You have cut me off many times, causing me to slam on my brakes. You have tailgated. I don't like you and I think you are a danger but I can handle it. I have been driving for over 30 years and I have seen your kind before.

This morning, however, you crossed a line and irritated the mama bear in me.

My baby bear, my sweet boy, was driving this morning. He was driving the speed limit with both hands on the steering wheel. He was paying attention and driving defensively as we have taught him. 

You pulled onto the road and swerved into our lane missing our car by inches. My son, the novice driver, had to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident.

Quite frankly, this was the last straw for me.

You are a danger and now you have endangered MY SON. Directly.

I took down your license tag number and a description of your vehicle and I have reported you to the Sheriff's office. I have requested a police presence on the road which you, apparently, consider your own personal Indy 500 track.




I want you to know that I am going to be watching you. I will call the police every day if I have to. What I will not do is let you threaten my child. And you do...every day. 

I hope the police are there tomorrow morning and I hope they pull you over and give you a ticket. It may save someone's life. Maybe even your own.

Please, slow down. Use turn signals. Allow an appropriate distance between vehicles when passing. And slow down in the school zone! You are NOT the only one on the road, you know. 

So is my son.


Sincerely,

An annoyed and protective mama bear



 
Blog Design by April Showers