Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nutcracker.........

The stage at the Florida Theater..............


The final performance of Nutcracker was this afternoon. I am so proud of Paige - she really did a great job, and the "acting" was hilarious! Since most of the cast are either members of the Florida Ballet, or students at the training center - it is fun to watch the kids a year or two older than Paige and envision her dancing those roles in another year or two. Hard to believe she will be that good...but other parents I have spoken to assure me that from this point (age 12) on the progression happens rapidly. I can't wait! This was a big year because she finally made the jump to Act I and to dancing en pointe. Of course I am completely biased, but in my opinion, Paige was one of the best dancers out there (surprise, surprise!) Unfortunately, we are not able to take photos during the performance so I do not have photos to share with you. We feel a bit bittersweet about the final performance....happy that Nutcracker is finally over and sad as well!

So, you are probably thinking that Paige (and me!) will finally get to relax a bit, right? Wrong. Now she starts training in earnest for the next big event, which is the Youth America Grand Prix in Spartanburg, SC at the end of January. Her first rehearsal for that is Tuesday. Ah, well....at least tomorrow is free!
 
Blog Design by April Showers