Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yesterday actually worked out a lot more smoothly than I anticipated. Paige's appointment at Nemours was to check the fit of her brace and to take an x-ray with her in the brace to make sure that it is doing what it is supposed to do. Without the brace, her curvature is about 25 degrees. The x-ray showed that in the brace, the curvature is reduced to about 7 degrees. And the x-ray shows an almost straight spine. It is definitely doing what it is supposed to do. Now, we will go back in about 4 months and they will take another x-ray, this time without the brace, to see if there has been any improvement. After her appointment (which went very quickly and smoothly - I love Nemours!), traffic was fine...I made it back to Orange Park with 15 minutes to spare before going to pick Clay up...then on to the church for the pancake dinner - which was a rousing success! A LOT more people came than anyone expected - the youth group leader, Matt, had to make two runs to Winn Dixie to get more pancake mix and sausages. I don't know what the final tally was, but I beleive they made over $400! The above picture shows Clay as pancake chef extraordinaire, and Paige as server supremo!!

Tim arrived home last night shortly after we did. I'm so glad he is home - I feel like I have hardly seen him the past 10 days or so! I'm sure by now you have all heard about the Turkish Airlines crash - that is the airport Tim flew out of yesterday. Besides the "honey do" list I have waiting for my wonderful hubby....we also need to go visit a couple of schools here in Orange Park - in case we are not able to sell the house....we need to make some decisions. So I expect the rest of the week to be rather busy.

One final note - I just finished The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Everyone has been telling me what wonderful books these are, but when I would read about them, they just didn't sound that good for some reason. Well, I finally read them - and WOW! I think these may be two of the best, most thought provoking books I have ever read - and I have read a LOT of books! Truly wonderful. Anyone who has not already read them - please do. You won't regret it.
 
Blog Design by April Showers