Friday, July 24, 2009

Feeling a little verklempt!

It is a yiddish word which means "overcome with emotion"....and that is exactly how I feel!! I took the kids to the airport and thankfully we whizzed right through security - no line at all! Naturally, the kids were hungry (when are they NOT hungry?????) so I got two spinach dip appetizers at Chilis. Which were devoured in about 5 minutes.....
Absolutely gone! So, then we headed to the gate to check in, which is when Louise realized that she didn't have her passport and boarding pass....so she and Clay RAN to the shop we had browsed in and THANK GOD they were there. We checked the kids in, and almost immediately they began boarding....Clay, Paige and I had a group hug and I got a little misty-eyed...which is when my baby girl's eyes began welling up....
Clay was just looking at us like he really wished we would stop making spectacles of ourselves and stop embarrassing him.....
They boarded the plane, and it started taxiing out - and THAT is when I began to cry like a baby. I just kept thinking that my entire life was on that plane...
...and off they go.

They have landed in D.C. and Tim is with them. He will probably get them something to eat - haha, I'm SURE they are already hungry again - and then meet Olivier and Bernadette (Simon and Louise's parents) and hand the children over to them for the next two weeks. I will keep everyone updated on their experiences....

So I got home and stripped the sheets off all the beds and started a load of laundry. I can't wait to clean the sliding glass doors - they will actually STAY clean for a while! At first I was overwhelmed with how empty and quiet the house is....but now I am thinking it is just quiet and peaceful....hmmm.....maybe this won't be so bad after all......

 
Blog Design by April Showers