Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ugh.



Last night, in my effort to present Americans as NOT always looking for the easy way and taking shortcuts, I made honey mustard grilled chicken, corn on the cob, green beans (NOT frozen, I stood there and snapped every one!) and risotto, plus homemade garlic toast. Whoa. I think tonight I will make chicken florentine lasagna (and more of the garlic toast - that was a big hit!!) I woke up this morning and make pasta salad with shrimp for lunch - but I am drawing the line at getting up and making breakfast for everyone. Enough is enough. Yes, real Americans eat Eggo waffles. Deal with it.

Louise wanted to teach Paige how to make a desert they make in France (see photo above). It involves Kellogg's corn flakes, dark chocolate, and marshmallows. Tasty, but VERY, very sweet! Also, very messy. In the attempt to melt the marshmallows, they ended up everywhere - the counters, the floor (where, naturally it was stepped in and tracked all over). So, OK I admit it - I tried to keep my control freak self out of the kitchen as to not interfere and take over, but all I could think was "wouldn't it be much easier to just buy a jar of that marshmallow fluff stuff"?? If they try to make it again, I don't care if it demonstrates laziness - I'm buying a jar of that stuff!!

For those of you who may be thinking that I am writing way too much about food, what we ate, what we are going to eat, what I may possibly make in the future... Right. Welcome to my world. It's all I can think about these days, with Simon and Louise here. I am loving pasta these days - it's cheap and goes a long way. Think about it - I have 3 1/2 teenagers in the house!! They are constantly hungry!

Today - Tim is mowing the lawn, the girls are doing something girly back in Paige's room (doing their hair??), Simon is doing some school work, Clay is at summer school. Paige has an orthodontist appointment in a couple of hours - we'll see when she will be getting braces on and for how long, etc. Tonight the shuttle is scheduled to launch around 6:00. Keep your fingers crossed!
 
Blog Design by April Showers