Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Super-Mom" ?????

Tim says that I am trying to be "super-mom".....I woke up yesterday morning with a terrible headache....took two advil, and ran a couple of errands. By the time I got home I knew it was a migraine. I had told the kids I would take them to the beach again in the afternoon, so I felt terrible - but what could I do?? I took a maxalt for the migraine and felt a bit better after a couple of hours, so we decided to drive on out to St. Augustine beach. It was a beautiful day!
Paige buried Louise's legs in the sand, and that was so much fun....
...that everyone got into the act and buried Paige's legs in the sand....
hmmmm......I think they got a bit carried away!
We arrived at 3:00 and left at 5:00..which was perfect, because everyone was leaving the beach and it wasn't too hot....

Unfortunately, the drive home wasn't as great. We were in rush hour traffic, and maybe being out in the hot sun wasn't such a great idea for someone trying to get over a migraine (ya think??)...because it started coming back on the drive home. I took another maxalt around 8:00 last night and went to bed early. Unfortunately, it's baaa-aaack!! Grrr. I hate migraines. I guess I am just going to have to suffer through this one, but thank goodness I have that CT scan at Mayo scheduled for next week. After that, hopefully I will be able to try some new medications that will work better!!

Anyway, my wonderful children made spaghetti for dinner last night (and even cleaned up after themselves!!) so I didn't have to cook. Tomorrow is our last full day with Simon and Louise and then they fly to France on Friday. Today, Gracie is at the veterinarians getting spayed. I seriously need to get that dog into some obedience classes. She was out of control trying to get at all the other dogs....
 
Blog Design by April Showers