Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A few random, disjointed thoughts due to insufficient caffeine & a serious case of the Blahs



* Yesterday was a long, long day. I don't think I can even remember what all I did - lots of running around, errands, and cleaning. In the rain. It rained all day long. The errands couldn't be put off, so I was running around in the rain all afternoon. And then at some point I got something in my eye. It irritated and rubbed all evening until I finally arrived home and was able to take my contact out.


* Because of the offending small particle, my eye was red and stinging when I got home. I'm ashamed to say that I was so tired I went straight to bed. I didn't watch the State of the Union address. I didn't read. I got right into bed and fell fast asleep.


* Perhaps because I wasn't doing my usual, "Remember to set your alarm and brush your teeth and get all your school stuff together", The Boy forgot to set his alarm and we overslept this morning. We scrambled and hustled and I practically inhaled my coffee, but I managed to get him to school, barely, before the bell rang. 


* After dropping The Boy at school, my adrenaline rush dissipated and I realized that I was nervous and still exhausted. More coffee is definitely in my future.


* The Princess is excited because today is her audition for the performing arts school she would like to attend next year. She is a bit nervous because her ankle has been bothering her lately. She has recently switched from thicker elastics (more support) to thinner ones on her pointe shoes, and her teacher thinks her ankles just need to get used to the change and get a bit stronger. Anyway, she will be wearing an ankle brace tonight and hoping that her ankle cooperates!


* Because of the audition, it will be another long, long day for moi. I will be doing a lot of driving and sitting and waiting.


* You can imagine how thrilled I am at the prospect of more driving and more sitting. 


* The picture of the bird that I posted earlier today and yesterday is of a baby/adolescent blue heron which has been hanging around our dock. Yes, he really is that blue. (Although, I don't really remember him looking quite SO BLUE in real life. I have no explanation.) I think their feathers turn more gray as they mature. Isn't he cute? I call him Clyde. He just looks like a Clyde to me.




* I've decided that I am in dire need of a pajama day. A day off. A vacation from the car, ballet, taekwondo, school, auditions, cooking, cleaning and laundry. I'm in a rut. I have the winter/school/activities/mom blahs. 


* Because I am in a rut, I am seriously uninspired. I can't think of anything interesting to write about. 


* I am asking, no...I am begging for blog topic ideas. Begging. Because my brain has apparently turned to mush during my daily drives through rush hour traffic and my daily rants about cleaning rooms and doing homework. My soul has been sucked out of my body and into the washing machine. My brain is living in the vacuum cleaner. I am an empty shell which drives teenagers from one activity to another and repeats the same things over and over and over....


* Help me. Please.



 
Blog Design by April Showers