Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten Things on Tuesday: Teenager training strategies plus a witty pun too!



1. Today is our last day to sleep in. The Boy goes back to school tomorrow, which means that tomorrow I begin getting up at oh-dark-thirty again to drive him to school.  I dread it. I have relished the lazy pace of the past two weeks. 


I know that I should have made the kids wake up relatively early today, but I just don't have the heart to do it. Plus, I love having the house to myself for a bit while I have my coffee. There's just something so peaceful about it.


2. P had an orthodontist appointment yesterday and had her retainer tightened.  Her teeth are sore now. Ballet also started back up. I wasn't quite as thrilled about  it as she was!


3. P had a friend from Ballet come home with her and spend the night last night.



Her friend's name is Princess (as opposed to THE Princess, as I sometimes call my daughter, P)

I call them Princess and the P.

Get it?  

I crack myself up sometimes.

4. You know how people use crates to train dogs and keep them out of trouble?
I really wish sometimes that I could throw The Boy in a crate. It would make my life a lot easier, is all I'm saying!

5. Teenagers.  *Sigh*

6. I have been listening a lot to my new CD which I got for Christmas. 
It's great. It's awesome. I love it.

7. My daughter has been listening to her new CD's...

Which are sort of OK, but not nearly as cool as mine.

8. We finally finished all of our thank-you cards and mailed them yesterday.  

9. I mailed out 50 Christmas cards this year.  I received 24! I have decided it's just too expensive to keep sending cards to people who don't reciprocate and from whom I never hear.  Our Christmas card list is getting purged next year. Is that mean?

On the topic of purging, I believe my friends list on facebook may go through a similar purge.

I'm also feeling a need to go through closets and drawers in my home to do a big clean/purge.

10. Back to the dog/teenager crate training idea...that would be wrong, wouldn't it?  But what if I got a really big crate?  Still wrong?

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Darn.






 
Blog Design by April Showers