Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lazy summer days.....

Yesterday was a lazy day. The kids and I cleaned the house a bit, I ran to the grocery store and did some laundry, and then we headed to the pool (and the dock for Clay) and just did nothing for a couple of hours. It was delightful - and much needed!!!
My little herb garden looks great - my tomatoes are coming along nicely, and all the herbs look happy and healthy....

We have been trying to get Clay to taekwondo every night this week. There is a competition this weekend which we have still not decided if he is going to do or not....but I am leaning towards him doing it...especially since he will not be able to go to Nationals at the end of this month because of summer school. Paige has also started back doing taekwondo, which we are very happy about...

In other news....the whole family is feeling very down in the dumps about Gracie. Housebreaking is not going well. In fact, it seems to be a non-event (at least in her mind!). She is now 6 months old, and still having accidents in the house. Last night she had diarrhea again all over her crate. The stench is what woke me up. Gross. I know that she cannot help that, but she didn't bark or anything to let us know. So...anyway, we are all very tired, and tired of cleaning up the constant messes, etc. As great as she is in every other way - this is kind of a deal breaker for me. So, unless things get much better very quickly......Gracie may not be sticking with the Van Kuiken's!
 
Blog Design by April Showers