Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday?

How on earth did the day after Thanksgiving come to be called "Black Friday"??  Is it just me, or does it sound like something bad?  I hate that term.  I also hate the big fuss that is made of the shopping on this day.  I am NOT a "Black Friday" shopper.  The thought of (A) getting up at some ungodly hour and (B) fighting hordes of frenzied, maniacal crazy people just to (C) save a few dollars makes me (D) break out in hives!!  Ugh.  I'd rather have my toenails pulled out one by one while listening to whiny country music.  By the way, if you were one of the frenzied, maniacal crazy people enthusiastic, early risers out shopping today - or if you are a fan of country music...my apologies!!

Here's what the Van Kuikens did today:

Not much.

Seriously.  We all slept late, which was delightful.  Then Tim and I sipped our coffee while perusing the paper.  We pulled out the Christmas decorations and put them up (except for the tree, as I have already mentioned in an earlier post!).  Clay cleaned his (disgustingly dirty) bird's cage.  Buddy is a happy cockatiel now.  We  I took a nap!  We read.  We ate leftover turkey, etc.  We are now thoroughly sick of leftover turkey, etc. hence we are having pizza for dinner tonight!

I must say though, that a bit of the shopping frenzy has hit me and I am beginning to get into the spirit....I may see what sales I can find later this evening.  Online.   Fa la la la la......
 
Blog Design by April Showers