Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lazy morning




Yesterday at 8:30 am I had a phone call from our realtor - yep, someone wanted to see the house.  In two hours.  YIKES!  Naturally, the house was a disaster (clothes everywhere from everyone trying to find clothes for a funeral and then a wedding...nothing fit anyone!) So...Paige and I ran around like crazy people getting the house clean.  The feedback?  Hmm, they're not sure if they even want waterfront.  He does, she doesn't.  He wants a sailboat, she doesn't.  He loved our house, except for the bugs (the blind mosquitos are swarming right now), she thought it was much too small for them and their two daughters.  Whatever.  At least my house is clean now!  :-))  By the time we got back home, it was almost time to pick Clay up from school.  I got to the school, and then realized I would have to wait because he had a makeup test in his AP class.  I sat for 35 minutes in the car with the sun shining right in my eyes - because, naturally, I forgot my sunglasses - and by the time he was finished with his test I had a raging headache.   The next thing on my "to-do" list was a trip to the grocery store, but I was SO NOT in the mood for that! I rummaged around in the pantry to see what I could throw together for dinner and found the cute little baby, orange lentils I bought when we were in France....I chopped up some celery, carrots, and onions and sauteed them, added chicken stock and the lentils and then added some rice.  It was delicious!  I'm going to tell Tim to look for some more when he is over there.  After dinner, I ran the kids to ballet and taekwondo.   By this time my head was killing me....so I popped an Advil PM and hit the sack!

Today I am feeling very lazy.  The only thing that I HAVE to do is that grocery store run.  And fold a few clothes (The washer and dryer are very convenient hiding places!!)...And empty the dishwasher (another convenient hiding place).  And walk on the treadmill. (I didn't hide anything on the treadmill, but I am determined to get myself in shape!)  Huh.  I guess I'd better get moving...it appears that I have a bit more to do than I realized!
 
Blog Design by April Showers