Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heartbroken

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-11-03/story/double_murder_suicide_in_cla

Tuesday, November 3rd was a terrible day.  (Click on link for entire story)  Katie (11) and Kevin (16) Whitelaw were killed by their father, who then shot himself...while their mother was taking a shower.  The parents had been going through a divorce.  We have known this family through church and schools for many years.  Clay and Kevin were good friends.  We used to give Katie the clothes Paige had outgrown.  Katie and Kevin were beautiful, sweet, loving children with gorgeous red hair.  

Clay and Paige are so shocked and devastated.  We have all shed many tears.  It is such an incomprehensible act.  I truly do not know how to explain this to my children - I can't fathom it myself!  Clay especially is having a hard time dealing with it.  He woke Tim and I up last night in the middle of the night because he kept having nightmares.  Our gangly, 15 year old boy then crawled into bed with us.   The kids wonder if their own daddy could ever do something like that.  Kids shouldn't have to wonder about stuff like that.  

There was a beautiful candlelight prayer service at the church last night.  Over 700 people attended.  The mother, my friend Dana, was there and it absolutely broke my heart.  The worst thing that can happen to a mother has happened.  

Please - pray for Dana Whitelaw.  She has an unbearably hard road ahead.  Please pray for my children as well - especially Clay.  Go hug your children.  Tell them you love them.

 
Blog Design by April Showers