Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugh.

It is now 5:32 am and I am wide awake.  I actually woke up at 2:44 am....and couldn't get back to sleep. Oh my - I am SO tired, but I was just lying there in bed and I couldn't shut my mind off.  Since I have to leave the house with Paige in a couple of hours anyway to get her downtown for the dress rehearsal, I just gave up.  Here's what I wonder:  Does this ever happen to guys?  Other guys.  It doesn't happen to Tim, and he absolutely, positively does not understand how it can happen to me.  Sometimes he will wake up and realize I am wide awake.  He'll ask me why I can't sleep, so I'll start telling him all the things that are running around in my head ("I need to get Clay new tennis shoes - I was noticing that his are looking worn out, and it's almost cold and flu season so I was thinking I need to stock up on cold medicine, and then that made me think I haven't had my mammogram yet so I'd better schedule that too, and by the way - has my oil in the van been changed lately?  And you know, my brakes are making an ugly sound...oh that reminds me, I need to take the kitten in for his shots.....") and he will just look utterly perplexed and say (with a bit of exasperation), "well, just stop it and go to sleep."  Gee, why didn't I think of that?


 
Blog Design by April Showers