Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Trivia







I confess - I am copying my friend Suzette here.  She did this on her blog, and I thought it was a cute idea.  Plus, I couldn't think of anything else to blog about.

Best Childhood gift from Santa:  Baby Tender Love!!  I can't remember if I was 7 or 8, but I remember wanting a Baby Tender Love sooooo muuuch!!!!!  I loved that doll.  I wonder what ever happened to her?

For giggles, I though I'd put a photo of Tim's favorite gift.  OK, I don't really know if the machine gun was his favorite, I'm just guessing.  I sure heard a lot of stories about that thing though!

Christmas Cookie:  Yes, please.  Just kidding...I don't really know if I have a favorite.  I think I'll stick with classic Toll House Chocolate Chip - they can't be beat!

Icky Christmas Memory:  4th Grade. I had a terrible ear infection and felt terrible.  I woke up and went looking for my mom because my ear was hurting so badly, and found - SANTA!!  I mean, my MOM!!  MY MOM WAS SANTA!!!  OK, I was in the 4th grade, so I DID sort of suspect - but I still was terribly shocked and disappointed.  Sigh.

Church:  Christmas Eve candlelight service.

Pet Peeve:  Christmas letters.  Oh, don't get me wrong - I love getting them and love hearing about what's going on.  I'm talking about the ones that give you a daily update for the past year.  C'mon people, a BRIEF synopsis please!!

Real or Fake:  Both.  When we've lived in cooler climates, it was real all the way baby!  The first Christmas after we moved to Florida we bought a real tree...which did NOT last until Christmas, pine needles everywhere, ugh.  So, we have since discovered the joys of a pre-lit fake tree and pine scented spray. Although, this year we are doing a real REAL tree (the previously mentioned several times Norfolk Island Pine/Charlie Brown Christmas Tree).

CD:  Tim and I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra...but still, The Nutcracker is a classic.  I also love Josh Grobin.

Now it's your turn...tell me about your Christmas memories and trivia!!
 
Blog Design by April Showers