Thursday, April 21, 2011

Confession: I am a heinous, furious, scary monster

The other day I woke up feeling mean. I was irritable, ornery and argumentative. My poor family trembled in fear of my outbursts of temper. My brow was furrowed in peevish annoyance and I scowled threateningly at anyone who dared approach me.




I realized (irritably) that I was not rational. I grumbled and huffed and tried to stay away from my innocent family.


This getting older stuff is starting to get on my nerves. The...ummm....hormonal fluctuations, shall we say...are becoming ridiculous. It's just not right that I should have to be applying moisturizer to my wrinkles as well as acne medication to pimples! It's not right that I should feel as though I am in a sauna while the rest of my family shivers. And it especially wrong that every so often I become a crazy, frothing, caricature of an irate ogre.



You may think I am exaggerating my psychotic, crazy, scary woman episode the other day. I assure you, I'm not. Just ask my family.

Thankfully, all is now well. Mr. Wonderful provided an emergency dose of chocolate which soothed the savage beast inside of me. 

The brave knight in shining armor subdued the evil monster...at least...until next month.

 
Blog Design by April Showers