Thursday, July 7, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Today has been a strange day. I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't fall back asleep. I finally gave up and got up at 6:00 am. I tiptoed into the kitchen, made a big mug of coffee, grabbed my camera, and walked out to the end of dock. I sat there peacefully watching the sunrise and watching the mullet jumping and the egrets squabbling in the shallows. That was a good way to start the day.


I printed out a coupon for free lettuce wraps from PF Chang's and Mr. Wonderful and I had a lovely lunch there. Afterwards, we browsed in a couple of stores looking for birthday gifts for The Boy and then popped in to Costco for a few odds and ends.  That was good, too.


After lunch, however, my fatigue began to set in. I didn't get much accomplished. I had wanted to shampoo the kid's carpeting before they get home tomorrow. It didn't happen. I wanted to finish cleaning The Boy's closet and empty a drawer in The Princess's dresser for the Spanish exchange student who will be arriving Tuesday. That didn't happen either. There is a pile of outgrown clothing for charity sitting in the hall which didn't get delivered. And there is something going stinky, rotten bad in the refrigerator which I have not located and disposed of. That's bad. But tomorrow is another day, so I'm not too worried.


I really haven't been sleeping well for several nights. It's catching up to me. That's bad. But I bought some melatonin at Costco and I feel very optimistic about getting a good night's sleep tonight. That's good. Or, at least, it will be good if the melatonin works (keep your fingers crossed...I'm getting punchy and the dark circles under my eyes look like the Grand Canyon!)


So, all in all, it was a pretty good day. Mostly. There was a bit of weirdness thrown in there too. Which I won't go into except to say that I am very confused and my feelings are a bit hurt. Someone un-followed my blog and unfriended me on facebook and a couple of other places. I don't know why. That's the ugly.


But...&*#@ happens and life goes on and it is what it is and so forth and so on.


Whatever.


I'm going to go eat my leftovers from Pf Chang's and take a melatonin and, hopefully, have a wonderful night's sleep. 


Tomorrow is another day. And the kids arrive home from camp tomorow, and the final shuttle launch is tomorrow and it is Friday tomorrow.


And that is all good.









 
Blog Design by April Showers