Monday, July 25, 2011

Karma karma karma chameleon

The past 24 hours have been good. Do you ever have spells where it seems that everything is going wrong and then suddenly it turns around and feels as though the planets are aligning or your karma is getting better or something?


That's how I feel right now. It's been a good 24 hours.


Last week was my 30th high school reunion. And yes, I do realize that I have now confirmed my age. And I also realize that my age is no longer "young". But the good thing is that I don't really care any longer. I'm sort of at peace with who I am now. And it feels good.


I wasn't able to attend the reunion because we have our guest from Spain here and had too much going on at the time. 


Last night, one of my friends from high school stopped by on her way home from the reunion. We haven't seen each other in 30 years. I met her family and we did a bit of catching up with each other's lives. I learned stuff about high school classmates which I never knew and realized that I was apparently really, really, really oblivious to a lot of stuff that was going on around me when I was in high school! I knew I was very naive back then, but...wow! I'm seriously shocked at how pathetically ignorant I was about, well, everything!


It was a wonderful, albeit short, visit and I can't wait to see her again soon when we are in her neck of the woods. Thank you Carol, for going out of your way to stop by and visit.

Today the girls and I ventured to St. Augustine because I thought Maria might enjoy seeing our nation's oldest city (which is not really old at all by European standards), especially since it was also a Spanish city.



We had a lot of fun, although I don't think Maria was very impressed with the historical importance of our oldest city! 

And also today? My son vacuumed and mopped the house while we were gone. I arrived home to a sparkling, pine-sol scented home. I also have leftovers from dinner last night, so I don't have to cook. And I found out that I didn't do something that I thought I did and that everything is OK, when I thought something wasn't OK. Which sounds confusing if you don't know what I'm talking about. Basically, it means that I've been fretting about something and now I can stop fretting. 

And that, my friends, is a good day.






 
Blog Design by April Showers