Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All good things must end...

Usually every year after Christmas I end up putting all the Christmas decorations and ornaments away by myself.  While the kids enjoy decorating the tree, they seem to disappear when it is time for everything to be packed away.


This year, I paid them to do the dirty work.


In advance.


And it worked like a charm!
The kids worked out a system...

The Princess did the more "delicate" work of wrapping ornaments...

While The Boy gathered everything together in piles...

and dismantled the tree...

and hauled the (many) bins to the attic once they were packed.

And now, all of the angels, nativity sets, nutcrackers and santas have been packed away for another year.  The house seems so spacious...and so empty.  
The cats seem sad that their favorite toy, the tree, has disappeared.

Now that all of the decorations are gone, I can also see the dust.  I think the house needs a good cleaning.  I wonder if the kids could be bribed again....





 
Blog Design by April Showers