Wednesday, December 1, 2010

If I could turn back time...I'd have you, babe

This evening, in the midst of the usual pre-dinner hustle and bustle, The Princess asked, "Who's Chur?"  (Say it out loud now - it sounds like "churn", without the "n".)


Mr. Wonderful and I looked blankly at each other.


"Huh?"


"Who's CHUR?"


There were a few more seconds of silence as we both frantically tried to figure out what in the world she was talking about.  Finally, comprehension struck us both at the same time...


"Do you mean CHER?"


"Umm, OK, maybe...."


We laughed.  We guffawed.  Tears were streaming down our faces as we held our bellies and gasped for breath.


The Princess didn't see the humor.  She held a magazine out at us and complained, "Well, what kind of a name is that anyway?"
I hastened to correct this appalling hole in her musical and cultural education by turning to YouTube....

I introduced her to The Sonny and Cher Show...
Sonny and Cher with Chastity, before.
Before they got divorced.
Before Sonny skied into a tree.
Before Chastity became Chaz.

We listened to "I've got you, Babe" and "Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves" and "Half Breed" and "If I could turn back Time" and "Believe"....

I told her about how I used to watch the Sonny and Cher Show every single week when I was a little girl.

I even showed her the video for "If I could Turn Back Time"...

Her response to this video was, "Oh my goodness!  WHAT is she wearing?"

I explained to her that that was a common reaction to Cher and her wardrobe.

I think The Princess likes her.  I think she was impressed with my impromptu, ten-minutes-via youtube trip back to the 60's and 70's.

The Princess just informed me that she wants to be a hippie.  She wants to wear funky clothes and walk around saying "Peace" and "Groovy."  She said that she won't do drugs though.

Whew.












 
Blog Design by April Showers