Friday, October 7, 2011

Hello Friday!

I woke up at 4:08 am.


And then I couldn't fall back asleep. It was one of THOSE mornings. I stumbled groggily into the kitchen at 5:45 and practically inhaled my coffee. The kids and I left the house at 6:22. It was raining. I grumbled and cursed under my breath as the headlights of the other cars blinded me. The teenagers grunted in response when I asked them questions. I lectured (a captive audience) about grades and cleaning rooms and getting organized. My captive audience continued to grunt in response. I dropped The Boy at school way too early and then battled morning traffic to get The Princess to the carpool pickup. As she got out of the car she spoke her first coherent sentence, "I need to start drinking coffee!"


The rain stopped as I arrived home and my grouchy, irritable countenance cleared as well when I peeked out at the lake and watched a glorious sunrise. A heron and egret kept me company on the dock as we silently watched the miracle of a sunrise. Slowly, the clouds cleared away in the sky and slowly the cobwebs cleared away from my brain. 
















As I stood on the dock with the birds and listened to Buddy (The Boy's pet bird) up at the house saying over and over, "Hello Buddy. You're a pretty bird!", I thought to myself....


TGIF BABY!! Yeah!


Happy Friday, everyone!







 
Blog Design by April Showers