Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Miscellaneous-ness

I made an awesome dinner last night. I rummaged in the freezer and found some frozen shrimp and then rummaged in the pantry and found some of the buy one, get one free boxes of pasta I got at Publix (I love those BOGO deals!) Then I sauteed some onions and garlic in a little butter and some olive oil and then I threw in some cream and oregano and basil from the garden...I tossed it all together with the shrimp and pasta and added a little parmigiano reggiano and voila! 


Seriously, it was really good. Why is it that the things you toss together at the last minute turn out to be the best meals of all? I didn't take any photos because I didn't know it would be so good.


Princess Picky, who doesn't "care for" shrimp had a peanut butter sandwich. Whatever. That just meant that there was more for the rest of us. 


One of my favorite blogs did a post today about brand loyalty and I started thinking about some of my favorite products, which I've used for years. I've used Noxzema since I was a teenager. I love it. It wakes my skin up in the mornings. I've tried other soaps and cleansers and I just like Noxzema more. Plus, I still don't have too many wrinkles so I figure I'll stick with it for a few more years!


And nothing feels as good on sunburned skin as a layer of Noxzema!

I also love Pine-Sol. I don't know why. I just love the smell of it. It smells clean. The Boy has figured out that if he swishes a little Pine-Sol around in the house, I'll think that he's been cleaning and be very happy.

He's right.

But my favorite product is by Lush. It's called Dream Cream. It's smooth and soothing and wonderful.

I discovered the Lush store years ago on a trip to London. For years,  Mr. Wonderful would pick some up for me when he was over there. It was a standard gift at Christmas and my birthday and I was always thrilled to get it. Although Lush now has stores in the U.S. and a website, it's still a huge treat (because while Dream Cream is utterly fabulous, it's not cheap!) As a matter of fact, I can't wait for Christmas and my little container of Dream Cream because I'm completely out of it and I miss it. 

I use Dream Cream on my face, my body, and my hands. You know how sometimes you over-scrub your face and then it gets all irritated and red and you want to scratch your skin off? No? Oh well, me either. But if someone were crazy enough to irritate their skin in such a fashion, they could put some Dream Cream on it and make it feel better almost immediately. Hypothetically, of course.

The Princess has now discovered the joy and fabulous-ness of Dream Cream and is constantly stealing mine. Which is why I don't have any right now. Which breaks my heart.

I also love Lush's Bath Bombs.




Which are giant fizzy balls of scented, moisturizing nirvana for the bathtub. They are wonderful.

But not as wonderful as Dream Cream.

I'm addicted to that stuff. And I'm going through withdrawal right now. The Nivea lotion I picked up at Target is just not working for me. It's kind of thickish. And it doesn't absorb right into your skin and soothe it and smell delightful like Dream Cream either!

*sigh*

What are your favorite, must-have products?








 
Blog Design by April Showers