Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ten Things on Tuesday: The Excuses Edition

1. Once again, I seem to have disappeared from the world wide web for a few days. I have a really good excuse though. Actually, I have several really good excuses. 


2. First, I have been busy, as usual, ferrying The Princess to and fro from home to school to carpool to dance - but this week we have added the extra fun and enjoyment of rehearsals after school. She has her first dance concert at her new school this Thursday and Friday (although she tells me she is only actually on stage for about 30 seconds. Bah!) and has rehearsals almost every day, except today, which is good because she is getting sick. Of course. 


3. Today is rainy and gloomy and our local weatherman is salivating happily in anticipation of the weather. Apparently there is a system down in the Gulf of Mexico which is headed our way and there is also a strong cold front headed our way and they will collide. Our aging surfer-dude meteorologist (perhaps I shouldn't call him aging, since he is approximately my age, and I am not aging damn it, I'm YOUNG!), seems downright giddy at the prospect of strong winds (60+ gusts) and heavy thunderstorms. In anticipation of the supposed nasty weather headed our way, I ran errands all day yesterday - Costco, Target, Publix, Barnes and Noble, etc.




3. I spent all weekend reading a fun political thriller recommended by a friend - who actually knows the author - and I was sucked in from the first page and couldn't put the book down. Here is the prologue to First Lady Blues. It's only $2.99 for the e-book on Amazon.com if you're looking for a good book to read and like political thrillers.




4. Thanks to my friend at this blog, I decided to check out this facebook game she mentioned. *sigh* Stupid facebook game. Thanks, Julie...now I'm addicted to this game, too!

5. The past couple of nights I have been tossing and turning all night long. I don't know why. It's driving me crazy. In the middle of the night last night, I started thinking weird stuff like, "Why do they call it sleeping like a baby? That's stupid. Babies wake up every couple of hours." 

Do you see what sleep deprivation does to the brain? It's not pretty.

6. Speaking of sleep deprivation, do you know what drives me crazy? Do you care? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway. It's hot pillows. With all the technology we have, don't you think SOMEONE could have figured out a way to keep pillows cool without having to continually flip to the other side all night long?

7. And yes, I DO know it is a minor, petty problem and blah blah blah. But I really, really hate hot pillows. I mean I HATE hot pillows. Especially when I can't sleep at night and Mr. Wonderful is snoozing peacefully away and I keep tossing and turning and feel all hot and bothered (it's NOT hot flashes! I'm too YOUNG for that!) and then the dadgum pillow keeps getting hot. I'm just saying. Wouldn't you think someone could figure out a way to keep the pillow cool?

8. *sigh*

9.  I know. I totally cheated on number 8. I'm running out of excuses for disappearing for several days. And so now I'm just babbling. It's that whole sleep deprivation thing again.

10. But look! I made it to 10! So, to summarize...running to and fro, dance concert, sick child, weather, Costco, good book, stupid game, hot pillow, sleep deprivation....

 
Blog Design by April Showers