Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So far today...

There's something about the cool, crisp mornings (52 degrees this morning) that really motivates me to get moving. The windows are all open and the breeze is wafting gently through the house. The birds are singing, the sun is shining and so far this morning I have...


* received a text from The Princess asking if she left her French project at home. I searched high and low and couldn't find it. I texted her back to inform her that she (a) needs to get more organized and (b) should check her backpack again and (c) needs to wake up earlier so that she has time to both make her bed AND do her hair but that if she does not have time to do both she should ignore her hair, not her bed. She did not respond.

* Changed the sheets on both kid's beds and gathered their dirty clothes off the bathroom floors. I don't usually do this for them but the breeze and the birds and sun have energized me and I'm feeling nice...

* Made homemade granola bars...

* Did three loads of laundry. Including folding it. And ironing items which needed ironing - mostly The Princess's stuff. Which I also don't usually do for her but again, the breeze, sun, birds and so forth and so on made me feel nice. Blah Blah Blah...

* Ate leftover potato salad for breakfast. 

* Then tried one of the granola bars.

* Vacuumed and shampooed the carpet in the kid's bedrooms.

* Peeked under The Boy's bed and could not believe how many cups, spoons, bowls and miscellaneous CRAP was under there. Decided to check under The Princess's bed...ditto. 

* Decided it was probably a good idea to spray Lysol everywhere in the slovenly, disgusting kid's rooms. Then I gave up, walked out and closed the doors behind me. The breeze, sun and happy birds can only inspire a person so much.

* Received a text from The Boy informing me that he got an 'A' on his Math test, accompanied by several exclamation points. I respond by telling him how awesome he is. He didn't respond.

* I decide to forgive the children/teenagers for being disorganized, disgusting slobs. The sun is shining and the birds are singing and the lovely, refreshing breeze is drifting through the house. I feel happy and content. Except for the fact that the dog stinks. Phew. She really stinks. I'd better go give her a bath...




 
Blog Design by April Showers