Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The most presh, fab, marv, adorbs, fabu post ever. Totes.



Today's post is brought to you by PMBS: Post Migraine Brain Syndrome. Also known as, another long and rambling post about nothing much at all. 


Firstly, I must tell you that I am heartbroken about the previously mentioned PMBS. You see, a few weeks ago I visited a doctor who felt that I had way too many migraines which were much too debilitating and taking up way too much of my life. (HELLO?!! THANK YOU!!) Anyway, this wonderful doctor prescribed a medication for me to take every day which would, hopefully, prevent my migraines from occurring.


Apparently, it didn't work.


Anyway, it's not the end of the world because I am on the lowest dosage and so we can still play around with the dosage and so forth and so on and also because she said that it may not prevent them altogether but might lessen their duration or how frequently they occur and, btw, do you think this sentence could BE any longer?? 


As I said, we may still be able to get the stinking, stupid, ridiculous migraines under control...but I was still heartbroken because I really, really, really hoped that this would have been a miracle cure and that I would never have had another one.


As I was lying in bed this morning pondering whether or not my head really would actually explode, for some reason I started thinking about how Americans have to shorten everything. And how it irks me. For example, lately I've seen or heard, "WhatEV!" and "That's so legit!" and "Isn't she adorbs?!" and "That's fabu!"


I'm sorry. Adorbs? Fabu? 


Really? 


And, by the way, it's not just teenagers using these...shortened, trendy, whatevers...it's adults, too! I've heard women in their forties exclaiming about something being fabu or being adorbs. I even saw a magazine article recently which referred to someone being adorbs.


I just find this sad, silly and pathetic. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but I do. If you go around saying "totes" instead of totally, or "delish" instead of delicious, or "presh"  instead of precious...then you fall into this category. If you've ever found yourself saying "ridic" for ridiculous or "fave" for favorite or "marve" for marvelous or, heaven help us all, "adorbs" for adorable or "fabu" for fabulous...then you also, definitely,  fall into this category.


Is it really so hard to talk like a grown up? Is it really that difficult to pronounce that last syllable? 


When I hear people talking like this, especially adults who should know better, it makes me cringe. It, like, totally makes me gag, you know? For sure!









 
Blog Design by April Showers