Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poor Clay!


Poor Clay. He had a rough day yesterday. I won't give all the details, because I don't want to embarrass him...but...it was a typical tough, middle-school, teenage drama, type of day! He qualified for the "geo-bee" (geography bee), but was eliminated and didn't win. :( Girl problems. Hair problems (see pic for more details!!), and finally his grades caught up with him and soccer season is over for Clay. Maybe this makes me a bad mom, but I am glad!! I have been waiting for this to happen. I love that mom and dad aren't the bad guys here. Clay has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully, this will be the kick in the rear end that will finally get his attention.

On another note, he told me that the dean of the middle school told him yesterday that his SAT scores were among the highest for 8th grade in reading comprehension and science. You see why we are so frustrated with him? He is such a smart kid - he just needs to work harder.

Oh well. so yesterday when he was so upset, what could I say except "I love you, kiddo, and it will be ok". I remember middle school and how hard it was. Kids can be so mean and there is so much pressure to fit in. What a hard age. Poor Clay.
 
Blog Design by April Showers