Thursday, January 15, 2009



Yesterday morning there were hundreds of birds out on the water....some sort of duck. I don't know if you can really see them in this photo, but it was like something out of The Birds! Crazy. It is beautiful here in north Florida...but very chilly. Yesterday Clay and I went and covered up all the plants out by the pool and the citrus trees, and brought all the potted plants into the guest cottage. Some of the palms by the pool I wasn't able to cover...I hope they make it. Tonight and tomorrow night are supposed the be hard freezes. The citrus trees are covered in fruit, and the orange and grapefruits are not quite ripe. Close, but not quite. I don't know if I should pick the fruit or leave it on the trees. If anyone has any advice, please let me know!

Tim left yesterday morning for Brussels. When he gets home he will have three days off and then leaves for Denver for proficiency (annual) training. Both kids came home yesterday with low grade fevers and went to bed early. They seemed ok (normal temps) this morning, so...hopefully I won't get a call from the school today to go pick them up. :(

I am on a real roll with my organizing/purging....still working on the laundry room (I'm telling you, it was really a mess!) but it is starting to look pretty good....
 
Blog Design by April Showers