Monday, October 27, 2008

I am NOT a morning person!

I am having a hard time getting going this morning! It is chilly - that is part of it (although it sounds like it is going to be really cold tomorrow!) - also, I didn't sleep very well...and I am just not a morning person. I will say though, that if I HAVE to be up early (and not cuddled up in my warm bed where I want to be) a beautiful sunrise makes it - somewhat - worthwhile. I snapped this picture this morning...as I grumbled my way back to the coffeemaker....

I am trying to get going here and head out for my walk, but maybe I'll wait a bit until it warms up. I got up and made my kids a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs (instead of the usual cereal) because they have PSAT testing this week. Don't I wish I was the kind of mom who did that every day! Oh well, if I did it every morning they wouldn't appreciate it, right? Since my Donna Reed moments are few and far between, my kids really appreciate them! Actually, I feel more like a drill sergeant than Donna Reed in the mornings....but seriously, if I didn't remind them to brush their teeth every day I think they would walk out without doing it! Eewww, gross. Ditto for making their beds, feeding the pets, grabbing lunchboxes....so I stumble around in my morning fog sipping coffee and snapping out orders....

OK, almost done with my second cup of coffee, feeling a bit more human, and off for my walk....
 
Blog Design by April Showers