Monday, October 20, 2008

Well, it is 7:00 am....and it looks like it is going to be one of those days! I woke up with a headache - I think from stressing over how to be in about 15 places at once. Today is my great-aunt's funeral in Tallahassee and I am not going to be able to make it...Tim is in Munich. To make the funeral, I would have had to leave at 6:30...which meant I would have had to bring the kids and had them miss school. Clay has a French quiz today, and soccer try-outs, so I really couldn't do that. Speaking of soccer tryouts....they are after school, and he also has a Halloween dance for the 7th and 8th graders - at the exact same time Paige has ballet downtown. Hmmm....OK, you are thinking, "why not just let Paige miss class?" Mondays are a "Mrs. Byrd" day - the director of the ballet, and also the day she runs her variation for the competition in January for Mrs. Byrd...so she can't miss class on Monday. So here is my plan: I will take Paige to ballet an hour early (she can work on homework or read), drop her off, rush back to OP (during rush hour) to pick Clay up from Soccer, run home help him finish his costume, take him to the school and drop him off a bit early for the dance, rush back downtown to pick Paige up from ballet, get home around 8:30, pick Clay up from the dance @ 10:30. Uugghh! No wonder I woke up with a headache!! Shouldn't I be getting an award for "SUPER MOM" one of these days? Seriously, back when we were thinking about having children....this is NOT what I envisioned!

OK, off I go to take an advil and get started on this crazy day.

By the way, it is going to be a beautiful day in North Florida....temps will only get up to around 74, and this morning is starting out at around 50....bbbrrrrrr........The kids were excited to wear long sleeves and jackets this morning. :)
 
Blog Design by April Showers