Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Timeline...

Paige had a project in history - to make a timeline of her life....which really cracked me up, because she is 12 years old!!! Anyway, this is her timeline above (I think if you click on the pic, it will get bigger). Paige and I were digging through old pictures this weekend trying to find some of "important" events in her life....of course, being her mom, I thought EVERYTHING was important..."Paige, remember, this is when we were at the beach and you were tired and wrapped up in a beach towel and took a nap"....."Oh honey, remember when you wore this tutu everywhere?"......"Oh, look! This is you hugging Daddy before you went to school when you were in 2nd grade..." You get the idea. It was sort of sad though...looking through all of those pictures - because I still think of her as that little blond toddler, and she is growing up. It makes me sad how quickly my children are growing up because I feel like I need some "do overs". If I could do it again I would spend more time with them just playing...and less stressing over whether or not their rooms were clean or the laundry was folded or whatever. You know, when the kids are grown and have their own families, they are not going to remember whether or not our house was always clean but they will remember spending time with mom and dad (I hope). So that is my goal....to just enjoy being with my family....the rest will take care of itself, right? Right?
 
Blog Design by April Showers