Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Paige's new school!

For those who are wondering how Paige's new school is working out - it's working out quite well. So far, anyway! The photo shows the new classroom (kitchen table) and Paige reading something in her Science book before answering some questions. I am enjoying spending a bit more time with my sweet girl, and there are a few perks as well....

*Please notice the glass sitting in front on Miss Paige on the table. That is a smoothie I made for her for a snack.

*Yesterday we took a break to make homemade applesauce together. While it simmered in the crockpot scenting the house with yummy apple cinnamon smells, Paige did some more work, I checked the previous day's work - and we all had applesauce for an after school snack. When Clay got home he said, "I want to be homeschooled too if I get to make applesauce." HaHa!

*The best perk of all though is that I can cuddle and hug her ANY TIME! Often I will walk past the table and just lean down and give her a kiss on the top of her head. Unlike my older child, Paige is still a cuddle bug.

Paige is working very hard, getting a lot accomplished, and I think she is enjoying it. She especially loves the Art History course. Anyway, I think we are off to a good start. I think she has learned more this week than she did in the entire nine weeks at the other school!

On another note - I don't know if any of you followed the story of the little 7 year old girl who was abducted walking home from school and found murdered...it happened here so it has been big news here. Yesterday was little Somer's funeral, and I was watching the coverage on the news last night. I cried. Somer's favorite color was purple and her mother had asked people to bring balloons to release after the service. Kingsley Avenue was packed with people standing along the road, wearing purple and holding purple balloons. As her body passed in the limo, everyone released their balloons. Orange Park High School released the students from 5th period to stand outside and honor her as her body passed. It was just overwhelming to see the video of all those people releasing the purple balloons. My heart breaks for her mother - I cannot imagine what she has been through this past week. Also, of course, everyone here is worried because there is a child killer out there. I hope they catch this monster soon.
 
Blog Design by April Showers