Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wonderful words

This may seem like a strange blog post....but I am attempting to write about something other than my boring and monotonous life of cooking, cleaning, and shuttling kids to various activities. So...today's post is about words! You all know I love to read, and occasionally I will come across a word which strikes me as just - delicious. I don't know what appeals to me about these words...sometimes it is that they just sound like what they mean...sometimes it is just the way they sound. Here are a few of the words I love:

*pensive - isn't that just a great word. It even sounds sort of slow and thoughtful.
*capacious - go ahead, just say it a time or two....it just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?
*surreptitious - again, I just love saying this!!
*elucidate - I don't know WHY I like this one...is sounds like something a British professor would say....
*soporofic - Another British professor word. Also, fun to say.
*agape - LOVE this one!


 
Blog Design by April Showers