Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let the lemon recipes begin

Because the lemons are ripening on the tree...


and because I don't think anyone ever even reads this blog on the weekends...


and because I have been asked to share my lemon recipes...


I made this last night, and it was fabulous.  Moist, and slightly lemony, and completely yummy.  Even better - it was super easy!  


Lemon Cream Cheese Cake

4.5 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (I used low fat)
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
2 tsp. grated lemon zest, 1 lemon (I added more - the zest from 2 lemons, plus about a tsp. of juice)
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat cream cheese, butter and lemon zest until smooth, then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs one at a time, then add the flour (in two batches)...beat lightly until smooth.  Spoon into a ring or Bundt pan.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350, then reduce the heat to 300 and bake another 20-30 minutes until golden brown on top.  Test by inserting a toothpick in the center.

Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.  Dust with powdered sugar.

(I know this is a terrible picture - sorry!  I have no idea why it looks so yellow here, it didn't at all when I took the picture.)

Bon appetite!

 
Blog Design by April Showers