Monday, November 8, 2010

Men are from Mars...really.

Last week I went to Target to stock up on all the essentials that we were running out of...paper towels, shampoo, laundry detergent, toilet paper, and toothpaste.  Among other things.  I always buy too much remember other stuff we need when I am in that store.  Anyway...I bought several tubes of the Crest Pro-Health toothpaste because it was on sale.


I now realize WHY it was on sale.


You see, the tube of toothpaste has a little flip top cap.  Which sounds like a good idea, except that the little flip top cap never seems to close all the way.


As long as you keep the tube in an upright position, gravity keeps it from leaking everywhere and all is well...
But if for example, one (or one's husband) were to leave the tube on it's side, one would wake up to a big blob of toothpaste all over the counter.

This also creates a huge blog of toothpaste inside the (defective) cap, which makes the situation even worse...
This has been happening every day.  And may I just mention that it is not MOI who leaves the (defective) tube of toothpaste on it's side?

That would be Mr. Wonderful.

At first I didn't say anything because it is, admittedly, a small thing.

But it kept happening.  And we have more of the offensive toothpaste - because I umm...bought several tubes because it was on sale.

Obviously, he noticed the humongous blob of toothpaste each morning, because I noticed that he would half-heartedly wipe it up.

My can of Scrubbing Bubbles and I would complete the clean up process each morning, and then I would clean out the cap and try to get it to close again.

But he kept laying the tube on it's side, and the toothpaste kept leaking out.

So this morning, I pointed out to Mr. Wonderful that if one lays the tube on it's side it leaks, but if one keeps it in the upright position it doesn't.

And do you know what he said to me?

Do you?

He said, "Oh, I know.  I've been cleaning it up for you every day."

Of course, being the sweet natured, mild mannered person you all know me to be, I just smiled at him and thanked him for being so helpful.

You don't believe that?

Oh, OK....my jaw dropped open in disbelief, and I shrieked replied, "YOU'RE the one who keeps putting it on it's side!!"

And then he said, "I am?"

And then I sighed, and continued cleaning up the sticky, ooey-gooey blue mess.

The End.









 
Blog Design by April Showers